From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs that include the name of a color.
The Visible Light Spectrum
- Roy G. Biv - The colors of the rainbow, as listed below
- Waves - The visible light spectrum consists of waves
- Always Be Giants - "I like the label. I like the red"
- Announcement A - "Scarlet fleece"
- The Bloodmobile - "Red blood cells get oxygen" (See also White)
- The Bright Side - "On a red fire truck"
- Even Numbers - "Red, green, red, green, red" (See also Green)
- I'm A Little Airplane - "I got the little red lights"
- Mammal - "So the warm blood flows with the red blood cells"
- No! - "Red means stop / Do not go"
- Now I Know - "It's the red wire I see that now"
- Push Back The Hands - "Unwelcome vision of rosy fingers"
- Red Red Intro
- Rowboat Mayor - "Floating across the roiling sea in our red solo cup"
- Santa's Beard - "Once a year my friend puts on a red suit"
- South Carolina - "The red reflector fragments strewn around"
- Stone Cold Coup D'État - "Nature's red in tooth and in claw"
- This Land Is Your Land - "From the redwood forests"
- Bee Of The Bird Of The Moth - "Send a tangerine colored nuclear submarine"
- Erase - "I won't wear an orange sweater when I get it off of me"
- Flo Wheeler - "Orange barrels put me in a trance"
- It Never Fails - "Now she's wearing prison orange and her bathroom has no door"
- The Orange Peel
- Trucker's Coffee - "There was a Kenworth rig all done up in orange"
- The Bright Side - "The figure "5" in 'gold"
- Cowtown - "The yellow Roosevelt Avenue leaf overturned"
- Nanobots - "Raise the yellow bots up"
- Pictures Of Matchstick Men - Dream Medley - "I see your eyes a funny kind of yellow"
- Robert Lowell - "Jaundice yellow it's really tan" (See also Blue and Brown)
- Rowboat Mayor - "Our gold doubloons lost in the spray are never floating up"
- Wearing A Raincoat - "is flying around in a yellow rubber airplane made out of a raincoat"
- When It Rains It Snows - "There's a face at the window, a smiling yellow face"
- Yellow Submarine (See also Blue)
- Baroque Hoedown - "a large green hippo"
- Electric Car - "Electric car on verdant green"
- Even Numbers - "Red, green, red, green, red" (See also Red)
- He's Loco - "You don't wanna mess with the Green Avatar"
- I Am A Ring - "I am a ring that turns your finger green"
- In The Middle, In The Middle, In The Middle - "And wait and wait until you see the light turn green"
- Maine - "Glazed with coniferous green"
- Narrow Your Eyes - "Ride through the world / Through the green lights"
- O Tannenbaum - "Du grünst nicht nur zur Sommerzeit"
- Seven - "It's the green house at the end of the block."
- Someone Keeps Moving My Chair - "Using a green magic marker"
- Thinking Machine - "Green grape gravy grateful grab"
- West Virginia - "Rhododendron, evergreen"
- You Probably Get That A Lot - "Or melting down some army guys to make green tea"
- Announcement A - "Prussian blue"
- Birdhouse In Your Soul - "Blue Canary in the outlet by the lightswitch ... My name is Blue Canary ... Bluebird of friendliness"
- Blues In
- Columbia - Venue song for The Blue Note
- He's Loco - "You don't wanna mess with the Blue Avatar"
- Kitten Intro - "Put away your big blue cigars"
- Mrs. Bluebeard
- No One Knows My Plan - "Working on the tiny blueprint of the angle"
- Now I Know - "Now I know / Why they said not to cut the blue wire"
- Number Two - "Too long I've been blue because it's you that I'm missin'"
- Pencil Rain - "They're searching the yonder blue"
- Robert Lowell - "Blew their tops and beat him blue" (See also Yellow and Brown)
- What's That Blue Thing Doing Here?
- Yellow Submarine - "She had blue and velvet eyes" (See also Yellow)
- 1999 - Cowtown Medley - "The sky was all purple... What's up purple!"
- Concrete And Clay - "I see the purple shades of evening"
- I Enjoy Being A Boy "I live in a purple plum mansion" (See also Black)
- Impossible - "If you wish you had violet hair"
- Purple Toupee - "The purple brigade"
- Shape Shifter - "Is it that purple tentacle?"
- The Velvet Ape - "Who dares to hold the violet cape of The Velvet Ape?"
- Too Tall Girl - "Dressed in aubergine"
- All The Lazy Boyfriends - "And the weekly to-do list as white as the snow"
- The Bloodmobile - "The white blood cells are soldiers" (See also Red)
- The Bright Side - "The bright side is just a white lie"
- Four Of Two - "I'd grown a beard / It was long and white"
- I Need Some Lovin' - "White teeth"
- Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (Brownsville Mix) - "It's a white tornado!" (See also Brown)
- I've Got A Fang - "Glistening white triangular tooth"
- Long White Beard
- Or So I Have Read - "The reason clouds are white / Is that they're made out of bone"
- Turn Around - "And his face which was a paper-white mask of evil"
- Upside Down Frown - "Black is white, and the rainbow has a beard" (See also Black)
- White Rabbit
- White Sport Coat - "A white sport coat"
- You Are Old, Father William - "Your hair has become very white"
- Youth Culture Killed My Dog - "But the hip hop and the white funk"
- 2082 - "Ashen features unmistakeably your own"
- I Should Be Allowed To Think - "If necessary leave paper stains on the gray utility pole"
- It Said Something - "Dress them in silver"
- It's Not My Birthday - "When this gray world crumbles like a cake"
- McCafferty's Bib - "Now the gray, gray clouds have arrived..."
- Monsters Of Mud - "Shapeless, grimy, gray, and brown" (see also Brown)
- You Are Old, Father William - "As he shook his gray locks"
- Answer - "The sky went black"
- Back In Black
- Black Ops
- Canada Haunts Me - "Because I have dreamed of black horses"
- Circular Karate Chop - "Dumping out my black backpack"
- The Edison Museum - "Through the iron bars I see the Black Mariah"
- How Now Dark Cloud? - "All my black clothes"
- I Enjoy Being A Boy - "And the blackbirds make nest in my tree" (See also Purple)
- Iowa - "Matching black dress"
- Lie Still, Little Bottle - "Black coffee's not enough for me"
- Lullabye To Nightmares - "Have you ever heard the blackbird's song?"
- Purple Toupee - "I heard about some lady named Selma and some blacks"
- See The Constellation - "I was in the sky all dressed in black"
- Upside Down Frown - "Black is white, and the rainbow has a beard" (See also White)
- The Famous Polka - "Her hair is blond, and mine is brown / They both start with a 'b'"
- Get By With A Little Help - "Would you lend me a pair of your finest brown loafers?"
- Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (Brownsville Mix) (See also White)
- Monsters Of Mud - "Shapeless, grimy, gray, and brown" (see also Gray)
- Ponytail - "A cross between honey blonde and golden brown"
- Return To The Planet Of The Apes - "I call it toffee -- some would say tan" (See also Color)
- Robert Lowell - "Jaundice yellow it's really tan" (See also Yellow and Blue)
- (She Thinks She's) Edith Head - "Or Helen Gurley Brown"
- Welcome To The Jungle (Dial-A-Song) - "Brown safari hat"
- Stormy Pinkness
- White Sport Coat - "A white sport coat and a pink carnation"
- Additionally, They Might Be Giants' debut album is commonly referred to as the Pink Album
Color in General
- Announcement A - "Color in sky"
- Arkansas - "I was on the coast of Arkansas when I saw her colors from the shore"
- Atlanta - "The music and the colored lights"
- Birds Fly - "This colorful spell under which I live..."
- Chaos By Design - by Colorwheel
- Definition Of Good - "Food that's colored wrong"
- Experimental Film - "The color of infinity"
- Meet The Elements - "Like a box of paints that are mixed to make every shade"
- Or So I Have Read - "And did you know / That mixing things with milk will make it clear?"
- Return To The Planet Of The Apes - "Tan is the color of a costume of an actor in a movie called Return to the Planet of the Apes..." (see also Brown)
- Three Might Be Duende - "The Monochrome Martinet"