I Need Some Lovin'
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||I Need Some Lovin'|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Unreleased, Dial-A-Song, Power Of Dial-A-Song, Free When You Call From Work|
|sung by||Jennifer Neff; John Flansburgh is heard saying "Pow!"|
- The Johns claimed that the vocals for this song were taken from a song by Jem And The Holograms directly off a cassette tape that came with the toys, on top of which they laid their own beat. However, this story was generally dismissed considering the song's sexually suggestive lyrics. In 2014, John Flansburgh revealed that the female vocalist was Jennifer Neff , who also did the vocals for "Live Like Pigs" and "Doris Cunningham" from The Frank O'Toole Show.
- On an old recording, John Flansburgh mentions the release of Lincoln, meaning that this song played on the service at least as early as 1988.
- The song was also listed on a mid-80s song list, likely dating to before the band's first album.
- On most Dial-A-Song recordings, this song is played back to back with "I Find It Hard To Believe."
- The bridge of this song is very similar to the bridge of "Lie Still, Little Bottle."
- The line tears running down my spine is a reference to "Love Me, I'm a Liberal" by Phil Ochs.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
I Need Some Lovin' is currently ranked #686 out of 910. (13 wikians have given it an average rating of 7.54)