Push Back The Hands
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Push Back the Hands|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||I Like Fun, Dial-A-Song (2018)|
|sung by||John Linnell|
- The term "mission creep" refers to the expansion of a project or mission beyond its original goals. It's usually considered undesirable because it can lead to the dangerous path of each success breeding more ambitious attempts, stopping only when a final, often catastrophic, failure occurs.
- "Rosy-fingered" is an old epithet for the dawn, originating in Homer.
- Video directed by David Cowles and Jeremy Galante; animation by Brad Pattullo and Jeremy Galante; backgrounds by Arianna Palmer and David Cowles. The video is in a similar style to "Put It To The Test" from Here Comes Science and "Thinking Machine" from Why?. Facts and references in the video:
- "Viaggio Nel Tempo", seen in the upper left of the video, is "time travel" in Italian. "Livello" is Italian for "level".
- The figure in the wasteland in Livello 3 is Hammurabi from "The Mesopotamians".
- The first Livello 10 (there are two) looks like the "Don't Let's Start" music video.
- The creature in Livello 8 is a Morlock from the 1960 film The Time Machine, based on the novel by H.G. Wells.
- The second Livello 10 has the Hill Valley Courthouse from Back To The Future in the background, with the clock being struck at 10:04 PM, just before our cyborg hero is zapped away.
Accidents, Backwards, Bodily Mutilation, Body Parts, Children, Colors, Conservatism, Fading, Hands, Oxymorons, Paradoxes, And Contradictory Statements, Precious Metal, Puns, Recursion, Screaming, Sleep, Time
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Push Back The Hands is currently ranked #62 out of 910. (88 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.97)