From This Might Be A Wiki
A list of US states mentioned or referenced. Obviously this would include Linnell's State Songs, but there are a few more.
- The Songs Of The 50 States
- West Virginia
- South Carolina
- Iowa - "Casting a spell on Vermont"
- New Hampshire
- California Über Alles
- Lincoln, Nebraska - "Through to the badlands of Wyoming"
- Maryland My Maryland
- North To Alaska
- California As An Island
- Chip The CHiP - California Highway Police
- College Town - in Michigan
- Indiana Wants Me
- Ten Mississippi
- Who Are The Electors?
- Buckle Down, Winsocki - "Shout hooray for the Pennsylvania Dutchmen."
- C Is For Conifers - "the great California sequoia redwood"
- Creepy - "A survey of California"
- The Edison Museum - "The tallest, widest, and most famous haunted mansion in New Jersey"
- Havalina - Arizona
- Hello Mrs. Wheelyke - Mississippi and Pennsylvania
- Hi We're They Might Be Giants - "Hi, we're They Might Be Giants! On WFMU! 91.1 East Orange, New Jersey! Frank O'Tooooole....Shooooow."
- Imaginary Friend - "I can disappear in a Store24, and re-emerge distorted and small, back in deepest darkest Massachusetts..." (Store24 is a convenience store chain in New England).
- James K. Polk - "And made the English sell the Oregon Territory"
- Lake Monsters - Massachusetts, California
- Moonbeam Rays - "I'll be in another state"
- New York City - Mostly about the city, but it does mention "The Empire State", which is the nickname of New York (even though it refers to the Empire State Building)
- Omaha - Nebraska
- Too Tall Girl - "Knows more etiquette than Connecticut"
- Where Do They Make Balloons? - "New York has tall buildings, New Jersey has its malls"