Songs With Samples
From This Might Be A Wiki
(Redirected from Samples)
A list of TMBG songs utilizing the electronic technique of sampling:
- Boat Of Car - Daddy Sang Bass/Daddy'll Sing Bass, from a Johnny Cash song
- Cage & Aquarium - "first homemade sample", according to the Then: The Earlier Years booklet
- Confusing The Mind - Flansburgh: "I am almost certain the sample of the guy itself comes from a cassette about satanic backwards masking"
- Creepy - "Six million ways to die" and its 666s come from Cutty Ranks' song "A Who Seh Me Dun"
- Everything Right Is Wrong (1984 Demo) - outro samples audio from the Apollo 11 moon landing
- Hiya Hi - uses the drum track "Fast Disco" by David Crigger from DrumDrops Volume 1
- I'll Remember 3rd Street - intro samples The Fifth Dimension's version of "One Less Bell to Answer"
- I'll Sink Manhattan - contains a backwards snippet of a unsolicited phone message from a police officer
- I'm Def - "features yet another unsolicited phone message"
- I Like Fun - Jack Bruce voice sample
- I Wouldn't Be Mad - uses a drum track similar to the one used on "Now That I Have Everything"
- Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (Brownsville Mix) - numerous samples, including Kraftwerk's The Robots
- Istanbul (Not Constantinople) (Park Slope Mix) - contains most of the same samples as the Brownsville mix
- The Next Plane To London - "Buh-buh baby!"
- No Left Turn - "He owes me some of that shit, man"
- Now That I Have Everything - drum track taken from "5/4 Rock" by David Crigger
- Number Three - samples "Skinny Lena" by Lou Monte
- Rabid Child - "Lord, please don't take me away"
- See The Constellation - samples a countoff from the Ramones song "Commando"
- Selectionist - samples the first few seconds of the 1965 Cher song "Where Do You Go"
- S-E-X-X-Y (Kendal Mintcake Remix) - numerous samples
- She's Actual Size - "We take you to (the Hotel Martinet in) Brooklyn" edited sample from the War of The Worlds broadcast
- Snowball In Hell - the infamous motivational tape Flansburgh received for his birthday
- They Might Be Giants (Song) - several vocal samples from a currently-unidentified "kinda fake, budget version of a self-improvement" cassette
- They Might Be Giants (Song) (1984 Demo) - drum track taken from "Bluegrass Country" by David Crigger; also present on 1985 demo of the song
- Town To Town - samples "Straight Outta Compton" by N.W.A, which samples the Amen break
- To Serve Mankind - anonymous vocal samples
- Untitled - the Gloria phone call, and a high-pitched sample of "Funebre", an instrumental from the Southern Library of Recorded Music
- What Nut Intro - includes the same samples featuring in the song "They Might Be Giants"
- Withered Hope - Vocal samples from the introduction of the album Dap Dippin' with Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings.
- Your Racist Friend (Sampladelic Remix) - guitar samples from a song by The Meters