From This Might Be A Wiki
A list of songs referencing medical topics or terms
- Absolutely Bill's Mood - mental illness, "I'm insane"
- After Hours Party At The Insect Hospital
- Am I Awake? - Song is theme for TLC show Resident Life
- Atlanta - An extended hospital metaphor
- The Ballad Of Timothy McSweeney - Subject is mentally ill
- The Bloodmobile
- Brain Problem Situation - mental disorders, subject has a brain problem which causes "situations"
- Candy Stripers
- Complete Paranoia
- Destination Moon - "The card with the cartoon nurse", subject of song bedridden due to a physical ailment
- Dr. Evil
- Dr. Kildare
- Dr. Sy Fly
- Doctor Worm - Though he's not a real doctor
- Farmingdale - "They've got crazy" and "mentally ill"
- Feign Amnesia
- Good To Be Alive - Song is "about the burden of physical injury and the strange, slowly-evolving pleasure of recovery", according to Flans
- Healer's Lament
- Hearing Aid
- I'm Sick (Of This American Life)
- Insect Hospital
- John Lee Supertaster
- Let Me Tell You About My Operation
- Montana - Takes place in a hospital bed
- My Man - Subject suffering from paralysis
- Rabid Child
- South Carolina
- The Spine Surfs Alone - "What will cure you? / Bacitracin / Campho-phenique / Calamine lotion"
- Tiny Doctors
- Unsupervised, I Hit My Head
- You Are Old, Father William - Physical ailments that come with age
- All MacGyver On It - "We're goin' mental on it"
- Damn Good Times - Amnesia, a cough
- I Love To Sing - "That's right, I'm crazy"
- I Palindrome I - "See the medical chart with the random zig-zag"
- I Wanna Be Sedated - "Just get me in the wheel chair", "Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane"
- Part Of You Wants To Believe Me - "Part of you isn't yet totally off of your meds"
- Pour Poor Me More Please - "I could have been a doctor"
- Renew My Subscription - Refers to prescription, pharmacy
- Rest Awhile - Subject received serious sunburn
- Savoy Truffle - "But you'll have to have them all pulled out / After the Savoy truffle" refers to teeth being pulled after the formation of cavities
- Sold My Mind to The Kremlin - "Reagan closed the hospitals for the mentally ill"
- Tick Tick Tick Tick - "Trying to stifle a cough"
- Tractor - Veterinarian
- Up The Junction - The woman in the song gives birth
- Wait Actually Yeah No - "In the doctor's waiting room downtown"
- When It Rains It Snows - "There's a doctor, a waitress, a fireman with a hat"
- When The Lights Come On - Concussion, "prescription pads for opiates"
- I C U - While the lyrics center around a pun on the phrase "I see you", ICU is also an acronym standing for "intensive care unit". The alternate video produced for the song takes place in the waiting room of a doctor's office, which could offer a deeper connection to this aspect of the song's title.