John Lee Supertaster
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||John Lee Supertaster|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||No!, eMusic Freebies, TMBG Unlimited - February, No! Preview, TMBG Clock Radio, A User's Guide to They Might Be Giants: Melody, Fidelity, Quantity, For The Kids Too!|
|first played||March 15, 2002 (160 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- John Flansburgh in a 2004 interview with The L Magazine:
I love the song "John Lee Supertaster." It's off the children's record, but it's as messed up as any song could possibly be, and it sounds like Cream. It's just an incredibly loud track, but it somehow fits in on the children's record. And also, my friend John Lee is a real-life supertaster. He was in this band called Muckafurgason, and so just having a chance to write a song about a real-life person and his real-life, strange predilection was really exciting. It's like a win-win-win kind of situation.
- They Might Be Giants posted video of the recording sessions for this song to eMusic in 2000. Watch it on YouTube.
- On several digital music services, this song has been mislabeled in the past as "John Lee Superstar".
- In the episode "Bingo Bongos" of the show Higglytown Heroes (for which TMBG also created the theme song), Flansburgh and Linnell voiced their own characters, members of a fictitious group called The Supertasters.
- On the CD-ROM version, the spoken intro is not used.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
John Lee Supertaster is currently ranked #625 out of 910. (59 wikians have given it an average rating of 7.73)