|song name||Cyclops Rock|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Mink Car, Special Mink Car Sampler, Tracks Taken From The New Album 'Mink Car', Dial-A-Song: 20 Years Of They Might Be Giants, A User's Guide To They Might Be Giants: Melody, Fidelity, Quantity, Podcast 53|
|first played||March 4, 1999 (347 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh; Cerys Matthews screams the bridge|
- Cerys Matthews is stuck in the van outside of New York.
- Flansburgh: "This is the story of a fellow who feels betrayed and beaten by a relationship, but is surviving. He compares himself to Chucky, from the Child's Play movies."
- The version of this song on the Dial-A-Song and User's Guide compilations is 4 seconds longer at the end than the Mink Car version, filled with extra guitar noises.
- The alternate channels 1, 3, 4, 5 and 6 on the E-card show cyclops versions of Barney, Miss Eyemerica, 20/20, a cop show and a western, respectively.
- The video for the song was likely inspired by The Residents, an experimental rock band that keeps their identities hidden with giant eyeball masks.
Artificial Body Parts, Children, Cities, Dancing, Food, Freaks, Friendship, Geography, I Am, I've Got A, Kingdom Of Loathing Reference, Loneliness, Love Gone Sour, Mind Control, Hypnotism, Misanthropy, Movies, Music, Mythology, New York City, Non-John Vocals, Problems With Liner Notes, Recycled Material, Screaming, Self-Reference, Transportation
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Cyclops Rock is currently ranked #374 out of 881. (106 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.31)