Mind Control, Hypnotism
From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs about someone or something controlling, reading, or changing someone else's mind.
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- 25 O'Clock - "My spell of hours will make you fall"
- The Bells Are Ringing - "and everyone's walking with arms extended in a trance"
- Brainwashing Our Fighting Boys
- Cage & Aquarium - "Somebody's reading your mind"
- Confusing The Mind
- Decision Makers
- Dirt Bike - "Mind-bending dirt bike in control"
- Finished With Lies
- Hypnotist Of Ladies
- I Can't Hide From My Mind - The narrator's omniscient mind has total control over the narrator.
- I Should Be Allowed To Think - The narrator thinks he's not allowed to think.
- I'm All You Can Think About
- Lie Still, Little Bottle - "With every move you make you just disintegrate my ever-troubled mind"
- Prevenge - "Read my mind, yes, I'm planning prevenge"
- Prisoners Of Graphic Design - "Our message is under your mind"
- The Songs Of The 50 States - "Of men who are controlling my mind"
- Spiraling Shape
- The Statue Got Me High
- Whistling In The Dark - "I'd like to poison/change your mind"
- Youth Culture Killed My Dog - "But the hiphop and the white funk just blew away my puppy's mind"
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- (She Was A) Hotel Detective In The Future - "She amputated my resistance with her mind warp"
- Apophenia - "Picture of a hunched old lady holding a dog and / Telling you what to do / Seemingly random arrangement of turbid material / Telling you what to do"
- Bee Of The Bird Of The Moth - "dread hypnotic flying", "hypnotizing tractor beam"
- Burnice - "Some say your mind's been transplanted"
- Cyclops Rock - "And mess up my Cyclops mind"
- The Darlings Of Lumberland - "Drag you by the mind, now you're under their command"
- Gigantor Intro - "He's at your command"
- Hodgman Promo 3 - "a Portuguese hypnotist"
- I Need Some Lovin' - "The radios that tune in to read my mind"
- Lake Monsters - "No hypnosis like a mass hypnosis, Cause a mass hypnosis isn't happenin'"
- Mr. Tambourine Man - "Take me on a trip upon your magic swirlin' ship / My senses have been stripped", "Cast your dancing spell my way / I promise to go under it"
- Narrow Your Eyes - "I don't want to change your mind"
- No Cops - "Just listen and comply"
- Ooh La! Ooh La! - "Music takes your mind into a trance"
- Piece Of Dirt - "A woman's voice on the radio can convince you you're in love/A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone"; "I find myself haunted by a spooky man named me"
- Reprehensible - "A voice is speaking...I can't ignore it/Although I try/The intrusive whisper fascinates me"
- She's Actual Size - "I thought I was big once; she changed my mind"
- So Long, Mockingbird - "I can read your mind"
- Unctuous Robot - "Inside me there's a smaller man at the controls"
- Unpronounceable - "Stare at the static long enough / You’ll be hypnotized / Be hypnotized"
- Vote Or Don't - "Vote, although there's something I could tell you / You might vote for someone else, and I might want to change your mind"
- You Don't Like Me - "I know what you're thinking / I can read your mind"