From This Might Be A Wiki
Lonely people, or people with lack of friends.
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- All Alone
- All Alone, All By Myself
- Ana Ng - Loving someone you've never met who lives on the other side of the world
- Birdhouse In Your Soul - A key theme of the song is combating loneliness; "I'm your only friend ... I'm not actually your friend"
- Georgy Girl - "Nobody you meet could ever see the loneliness there / Inside you"
- Hidden Track - "I am alone in this dark, dark room"
- I Am Alone
- I Haven't Seen You In Forever - "I missed you so much", "Since we've been apart I see that I cannot live without you"
- I'm Just A Note - About a lonesome note in search of friends
- I'm Not A Loser
- Last Wave - "We're naked and alone/And the grave is the loneliest place"
- Leave Me Alone
- New Hampshire - A wandering drunk looking for companionship from strangers; "Here I stand outside the window, longing to be asked inside"
- Sometimes A Lonely Way
- The Spine Surfs Alone
- Too Real
- White Sport Coat - The narrator has been deserted by his prom date, while he is still wearing his prom outfit
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- (She Was A) Hotel Detective In The Future - "I weep, alone in my wormhole"
- Absolutely Bill's Mood - "He calls when I'm alone"
- Announcement L - "It's your friend when you're all alone"
- Cyclops Rock - "Gotta find new friends to hang with"
- Don't Let's Start - "When you are alone, you are the cat, you are the phone"
- How Can I Sing Like A Girl? - "I want to raise my freak flag and never be alone"
- I Am A Human Head - "Now my friend is gone"
- It's Kickin' In - "Won't sit down but she just can't sit alone"
- Kitten Intro - "It stands alone, away from the crowd"
- Lucky Ball & Chain - "What's the sense in arguing when you're all alone?"
- Meet James Ensor - "He lost all his friends"
- New York City - "I was glad to hear from you 'cause I was all alone"
- Penguin - "All alone in dark"
- Pet Name - "Given time we'll find it strange to be alone"
- Philadelphia - "How did we become so alone?"
- Piece Of Dirt - "A woman's voice on the telephone can convince you you're alone"
- Protagonist - "Man on lawn, alone at dawn", "For exposition, I'm out here on my own"
- Reprehensible - "Each night I lie awake, completely alone"
- Through Being Cool - "Gotta go it alone"
- To A Forest - "Now we're alone in this freaky place"
- Valentine - "Your soul's isolation"
- You Don't Like Me