From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs expressing a strong fear or dislike of contact with other people.
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- All Alone
- Bastard Wants To Hit Me
- The Bullies
- Can't Keep Johnny Down
- Gazing Out Toward
- If I Wasn't Shy
- I Am A Human Head - "I don't really need my best friend"
- I'm Not A Loser
- I'm Sick (Of This American Life)
- Leave Me Alone
- Mainstream U.S.A.
- Man, It's So Loud In Here
- No One Knows My Plan
- Stand On Your Own Head
- Thankful For Your Service - A man who's almost too antisocial to be a dutiful patriot
- What Did I Do To You?
- What Is Everyone Staring At?
- Window - "I'm checking out the people in the window/I was uncomfortable/Now I'm uncomfortable"
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- 7-11 - "I slipped by the 7-11 / My hat over my eyes / As not to be noticed / Or even recognized"
- Cage & Aquarium - "Somebody's reading your mind / Damned if you know who it is / They're digging through all of your files / Stealing back your best ideas"
- Christmas In The Big House - "Hoping I'll be alone (Happy New Year) next year"
- Cyclops Rock - "I just stare with my one glass eye / Hoping you won't be back again"
- D & W - "D is shy and doesn't get out of the house much anymore"
- Dark And Metric - "No privacy glass / Privacy glass"
- Dog - "He's the kind of dog who sees a smiling friend and says 'I need no smiling friend today'"
- Hearing Aid - "Sometimes I feel sorry for him / Usually I can't / I've turned off my hearing aid"
- I Haven't Seen You In Forever - "I'm so annoyed cause I forgot how much you bug me", "Go away and leave me alone"
- Meet James Ensor - "He didn't need his friends"
- Memo To Human Resources - "I'll be in the back and I don't need the help / I'm good here in the back / I'm good all by myself"
- Metal Detector - "Down at the shore there's a place where there's no one vacationing" and "Don't need to look at any bathing beauty doll"
- Maine - "Only if you stay away / And leave me to my ugly state"
- Now Is Strange - "I could remove my apartment buzzer"
- Protagonist - "For exposition / I'm out here on my own"
- Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head - "Didn't have to write no one a goodbye note"
- Rest Awhile - "He won't even talk to me now, but I don't care cause I'm sick of that guy"
- Turn Around - "A man I had recently killed / Called me up from a phone near my building / So I looked out the window at him / He had the same obsequious manner / That was the reason I had him killed"
- Wearing A Raincoat - "And the undead are like / A bunch of friends / That demand constant attention"
- Welcome To The Jungle - "See how the bug reacts to your hand / In the same way that I do"