From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs about dancing.
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- Damn Good Times - About "a girl who's a natural dancer"
- Disco Lover
- The Everlasting Vibe - About a nightclub called Dimension Six; "So let me grab my toolbelt and my dancing shoes"
- Everybody Conga - In which Flans commands the audience to dance
- I Just Want To Dance
- I Was Dancing In The Lesbian Bar
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- Authenticity Trip - "We're dancin' in the window/Like we like to dance"
- Birds Fly - "And cats dance under my feet"
- Circular Karate Chop - "Afternoons in the mirror doing pop and lock" (popping and locking are types of dances)
- Cyclops Rock - the bridge mentions several dances, real or made-up.
- Dead - "And was everybody dancing on the casket?"
- Feign Amnesia - "With that crazy guy dancing behind us"
- Happy Doesn't Have To Have An Ending - "Gavotte's a kind of dance and / It really comes from France and / It's like a minuet but moderately fast"
- Hot Dog! - "We're taking off, we're dancing now". Also the "Stomp on the floor" part might be considered as very childish dancing.
- I Am Invisible - "Dancing through the supermarket"
- Judy Is Your Viet Nam - "Dancing in her kitchen for so long"
- Let's Get This Over With - "And you know there is no parking on the dance floor"
- Mr. Tambourine Man - "Cast your dancing spell my way"
- Nonagon - "They all get in a line and do a dance called 'The Nonagon'"
- No One Knows My Plan - "Why the dancing, shouting"
- Ooh La! Ooh La! - "Hike up your pants and do the double dance"
- Something You'd Like To See - "Singin' and dancin' and makin' you smile, swingin' and prancin' and showin' my style"
- Turn Around - "I was doing an interpretive dance"
- Walk On Water - "I'm gonna dance through the fire"
- Where Do They Make Balloons? - "Turkeys aren't from Turkey, they can't fly but they can dance"