From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs featuring or mentioning screaming.
Songs featuring screaming or yelling[edit | edit source]
- (She Thinks She's) Edith Head
- Agent Double-0-Soul
- Cyclops Rock
- Hell Hotel
- Hocus Pocus
- I Left My Body
- I've Got A Withered Arm
- Let Me Tell You About My Operation
- Lines Upon A Tranquil Brow
- Miniature Sidewalk Whirlwind
- Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes
- Outboard Part Of Man
- Robot Parade (Ritz Show)
- Rocket Ship
- Santa Cruz
- See The Constellation
- Stomp Box
- Tender Is The Mind
- We're The Replacements
- Weep Day
Screaming or yelling mentioned[edit | edit source]
- Ana Ng - "Eighty dolls yelling "Small girl after all""
- Birdhouse In Your Soul - "And countless screaming Argonauts"
- Dan Hickey's Actual Drums - "He's wearing earplugs and, he's playing the drums, but he's come all the way from New York City to hear you SCREAM!"
- The Fellowship Of Hell - "Rock had a baby and they called it Ah!"
- Minneapolis - "Marty was yelling at Danny and John"
- Mountain Flowers - "Yell / I know, I know"
- No Cops - "He can't comprehend the screaming"
- Push Back The Hands - "You wanna sing to drown out the car horn / Squeeze your eyes shut and scream like a newborn"
- Santa's Beard - "And she stands beneath the mistletoe, screaming"
- Savoy Truffle - "When it becomes too much / You'll shout aloud"
- Spiraling Shape - "Your terrified screams are inaudible"
- Stomp Box - "Hear the ceaseless screaming"
- The Statue Got Me High - "And as the screaming fire engine siren filled the air"
- They Might Be Giants (1984 Demo) - "They might be yelling out 'albatross'"
- Tick Tick Tick Tick - "Waking up from fitful dreams with a blood curdling scream"
- Vestibule - "Yell in vents"
- Why Did You Grow A Beard? - "Screaming, yelling"
Honorable mention[edit | edit source]
- Cowtown - During the instrumental sections, there are noises that resemble screaming. It is likely that these were produced by blowing into the clarinet mouthpiece (without the body attached).
- Hide Away Folk Family - When played live, Flansburgh asks the audience to "scream as if they're in hell" during the bridge.