Artificial Body Parts
TMBG frequently refer to artificial body parts or enhancing appearance using external means. In 2018, John Flansburgh provided a list of "10 fake things he loves", including wigs.
- 2082 - "His hand's been replaced with a hook"
- (She Was A) Hotel Detective In The Future - "She had a hundred mechanical fingers / She held an electrical eyeball"
- Canajoharie - "And the fin was an inaccurately reconstructed fake"
- Chip The CHiP - "His lunch is gonna be everything under your wig"
- Definition Of Good - "Ping pong balls are eyes", "President in a wig", "Paper cup for a snout", "Candy wax lips"
- Fake-Believe - "Wearing wax mustaches"
- Headless - "I know your wig's on tight"
- Hello Mrs. Wheelyke - "We can let our wigs hang out to dry"
- House Of Mayors - "here a wig, there a pince-nez"
- I Left My Body - "my plastic hip is going to be worth something"
- I'm Sick (Of This American Life) - "I like staring at two glass eyes"
- Mink Car (Song) - "It's knocking off my diamond wig"
- Money For Dope - "Wooden leg"
- No Answer - "Light gleams off of the marbles in the sockets where its eyes were"
- Put Your Hand On The Computer - "Brush your hand across your false goatee"
- S-E-X-X-Y - "Wig on her head", "baby's first gold tooth"
- We Want A Rock - "Everybody wants prosthetic foreheads on their real heads"
- With The Dark - "Rockin' my peg-leg stump"
- Artificial Heart - 2011 album by Jonathan Coulton, produced by Flans.
- Goatee - Blue Avatar's goatee is actually a piece of duct tape.