From This Might Be A Wiki
A list of songs which mention real cities, fictional cities, or otherwise related to a city theme.
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- The Boys Are Back In Town
- Different Town
- Fake Out In Buenos Aires
- Here In Higglytown
- I'll Sink Manhattan
- Istanbul (Not Constantinople)
- Lincoln, Nebraska
- New York City
- Nouns - "Everywhere around this burg"
- The Next Plane To London
- Road Movie To Berlin
- Say Nice Things About Detroit
- Tavern In Pinsk
- Token Back To Brooklyn
- Town To Town
- Werewolves Of London (Wearing A Hockey Mask)
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- Ana Ng - 1964 World's Fair, NYC
- The Ballad Of Timothy McSweeney - "Walking alone on the streets of Boston, a man with a name that everybody knows"
- Can't Keep Johnny Down - "All of the dicks in this dick town"
- Creepy - Los Feliz and Silver Lake are both neighborhoods of Los Angeles.
- Cyclops Rock - "Stuck in a van outside of New York."
- Extra Krispy - "New York City"
- Flansy Stays In The Picture - "I got a call from Schnack. In L.A.!"
- Havalina - "On the plains of old Sedona, Arizona"
- Hello Mrs. Wheelyke - "If you someday find you're in Budapest"
- Hillbilly Drummer Girl - "To the big city Memphis world"
- Honky Cat - "High class ladies down in New Orleans", "Living in the city ain't where it's at"
- How Much Cake Can You Eat? - "The shining spoons of this town"
- James K. Polk - "From Nashville came a dark horse riding up"
- Lake Monsters - "From Chicago to East California"
- Lee Harvey Was A Friend Of Mine - "Well, I was born in Dallas in 1952"
- McCafferty's Bib - "In cities all over the world"
- North To Alaska - "Big Sam left Seattle in the year of '92", "just a little southeast of Nome"
- Out Of Jail - Xenia, Ohio
- Purple Toupee - Selma, Alabama; Dallas, Texas
- She's Actual Size - "We take you to Brooklyn" (please see the Discussion for this)
- Something You'd Like To See - "Boston, New York, Philly, L.A., Frisco, Chi-Town"
- The Sun Is On Fire - "This whole town's abandoned"
- Trucker's Coffee - Bethel (NY), Route 17B
- Tumbleweed - "Tumbleweed, tumble through town"
- What Am I Doin' - "San Antonio"
- Where Do They Make Balloons? - New York; Pisa, Italy; London
- Withered Hope - "Withered Hope says she has a soul mate living in a city in another state"
- Words Are Like - "A Spanish town"
Honorable mention[edit | edit source]
- Live!! New York City 10/14/94 - Cover art consists of a stylized city skyline.
- Los Angeles - Music video has a map that shows The Lads and The Blokes on tour in New York, Chicago, Memphis, Austin, Hollywood, and San Francisco.
- Rowboat Mayor - A mayor generally runs a city, though the one mentioned here doesn't.