- November 17, 2014
- On November 19, in honor of the 65th anniversary of James Ensor's death, Mankato, Minnesota's KMSU will be doing a TMBG marathon from 6-11:30 a.m. Central Time, with more TMBG being played during some of the other shows throughout the day. The setlist has been posted here.
- November 14, 2014
- Daily deal shopping site meh.com has unveiled their new theme song by They Might Be Giants, "Meh (They Could Try Harder)". Listen on YouTube.
- November 7, 2014
- TMBG have announced that 2015 will herald the third year of the Instant Fan Club. There are three levels: Regular, for $98; Super-President, for $250; and the "budget" Dial-A-Song Direct option for $30. More information is available at tmbgifc.com.
- November 4, 2014
- TMBG have announced that they will play a monthly stand at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn, NY on the last Sunday of every month in 2015. Each show will feature songs from the 2015 Dial-A-Song project as well as a unique theme. Themes announced thus far include First Album Live, Flood, Album Release Party to celebrate the release of a new album in April, and The Else. While January's show is already sold out, tickets for February through May go on sale on 11/7, including a four-pack that comes with a free T-shirt. Visit the Shows page for ticket links and updates on future shows in the stand.
- Slate has released an episode of their Working podcast consisting of a 27-minute interview with John Flansburgh, titled "How Does the Guitarist in They Might Be Giants Work?".
- November 2, 2014
- Just in time for the holidays, Danny Weinkauf has released a new single, "Wonderful Christmas Day"! You can preview the song here and download it from Amazon or iTunes.
- October 21, 2014
- Asbestos Records has announced that Flood will be released on colored vinyl in a limited edition of 3000 copies for Record Store Day Black Friday. Additionally, the album has been reissued as an audiophile pressing by the European label Music On Vinyl.
- John Linnell was quoted for a piece on Homestar Runner in issue 1220 of Rolling Stone.
We'll meet at the end of the tour. (News archives...)
This Day in TMBG
Events of November 23:
Nothing happened on today's date in TMBG history.
View all days • Edit this month
This wiki is for They Might Be Giants fans. Feel free to add/edit any page as you see fit. There are a zillion TMBG web sites on the internet, but we're pretty sure this is the only one that you (yes, you) can edit. Go crazy.
If this is your first time here, check out these pages: