From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs referencing the famous, addictive brown liquid. Both Johns, Flansburgh and Linnell are rumored to drink massive quantities of coffee. In Gigantic (A Tale of Two Johns) there is an entire section devoted to the role coffee plays in the creative process of TMBG.
- Am I Awake? - "The coffee's cold"
- The Biggest One - "My coffee gets cold"
- Don't I Have The Right? - "Pour milk in my coffee and watch it explode"
- Garden Of Eden - "Coffee needs a refill"
- Hearing Aid - "More coffee for me boss"
- Hillbilly Drummer Girl - "Morning in the drunk tank / Coffee and dried blood"
- I Can't Feel My Arm - "What the hell was in that coffee?"
- I've Got A Match - "I put a rock in the coffee in your coffee mug"
- I Am A Grocery Bag - "Fresh coffee and bagels"
- John Lee Supertaster - "Can't drink coffee or beer"
- Lie Still, Little Bottle - "Black coffee's not enough for me"
- Mr. Xcitement - "Café con pan" is Spanish for "coffee with bread"
- Operators Are Standing By - "Operators are standing by / Smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee"
- Savoy Truffle - "A coffee dessert"
- Snowball In Hell - "I didn't expect to find a salesman drinking coffee this late in the morning"
- Stormy Pinkness - "Fills my Johnny cup with gloom" (A Johnny cup is a very large cup of coffee)
- Experimental Film - H*R video includes cups of coffee, also mentioned in the Strong Sad commentary: "That part represented hitting coffee with a drumstick"
- The Statue Got Me High - The video starts by portentously creeping up on a giant cup of steaming coffee. Another cup of coffee is shown on the postcard with the lyrics
- Addiction, Compulsion
- America Runs On Dunkin' - TMBG's ad campaign for Dunkin' Donuts