From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Mr. Xcitement|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Mink Car (except European releases), Podcast 49|
|sung by||Mike Doughty; John Flansburgh emcees|
- From TMBG Unlimited, "'Mr. Xcitement' with Mike Doughty and the Elegant Too. A good time was had by all on this high energy track. Working with former Mono Puff DJ Phil Hernandez and Skeleton Key guitarist Chris Maxwell, now known collectively as the Elegant Too, TMBG and Doughty cooked up this manic track. I get name checked in the rap - a real first for me."
- Flansburgh: "Originally [this was going to be an instrumental]. This track was put together from manipulations of various horn samples from Velcro Horns Dan Levine and Jim O'Connor. The beats were then super-sized with wild sonic manipulations and real live scratching by beatmeisters The Elegant Too, but when Mike Doughty heard it, he insisted on taking the track home where he cooked up the crazy rhymes, which we are still trying to decode."
- The Spanish line "Café con pan," means "Coffee with bread."
- Appears in the Malcolm In The Middle episode "Dinner Out."
- The line "Like Flansy in a soda can..." is referenced in the music video for "E Eats Everything."
- R&B/soul legend Jackie Wilson was known by his nickname "Mr. Excitement", thanks to his riveting live performances.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Mr. Xcitement is currently ranked #840 out of 886. (128 wikians have given it an average rating of 6.28)