E Eats Everything
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||E Eats Everything|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Here Come The ABCs, TMBG Clock Radio, CD/DVD Sampler|
|first played||March 24, 2005 (33 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- The video for this song contains a soda can with the word "Flansy" written on it, the very same one that was originally pictured in the Mink Car liner notes.
- The line "K drinks only soda" breaks the rhyme scheme apparent in the rest of the song, seemingly because the band either chose not to use the 'Coke' brand name, which would have rhymed with "all 'I' tastes is smoke", or decided to fake out the listener a bit.
- The GAP parody ad for t, s, r, and q in the video reads:
in new tight fit styles
available in bright
new spring colors
- The Chopping Block, Inc. animated the video.
- In live shows John Flansburgh has sung "E eats everything, like children."
- On an interview for the DirecTV concert that was aired in May 2005, Flans tells of a story of a letter they received from an outraged mother who was upset over the lyric "L, M, N, and P won't start until O arrives" due to it being intentionally non-sequential. She asked the band to change the lyrics to be correct, which of course the band ignored.
- The music video parodies Pac-Man in the scene where z chases the four e's to eat them.
- On They Might Be Giants Friday Night Family Podcast
- Original Flash video at choppingblock.com via archive.org
- Watch it on
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
E Eats Everything is currently ranked #431 out of 837. (36 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.14)