|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||The Spine, TMBG Clock Radio|
|first played||March 13, 1999 (32 known performances)|
|sung by||John Linnell|
- Thunderbird is the name of a cheap, high-proof class of wine, also known as bum wine.
- This song has made appearances at live shows since 1999, though initially with a faster arrangement, as used in the unreleased demo. John Linnell later said that the song didn't make it onto 2001's Mink Car, but it was "beloved enough" that they continued to play it live and "felt that it deserved to be on a record." It was later released on The Spine.
- "I'm very happy with the version that wound up on The Spine of 'Thunderbird.' It was good that it had all that time for us to think about it." - John Linnell in an interview with FMQB.
- The basis of the song "On Earth My Nina" is John Linnell attempting to imitate the vocals of this song played backwards.
- The lyric "We'll have fun, fun, fun until T-Bird takes her dad away" plays on the lyrics to "Fun, Fun, Fun" by the Beach Boys.
Animals, Addiction, Compulsion, Body Parts, Backwards, Drinking, Falling, Forgetting And Remembering, Funny But Sad, Letters Of The Alphabet, Oblique Cliches Or Idiom, Problems With Liner Notes, Questions, Recycled Material, References To Other Songs Or Musicians, Relatives, The Senses, Super-Human Qualities, Transportation
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Thunderbird is currently ranked #33 out of 910. (164 wikians have given it an average rating of 9.06)