Patrick Dillett is a producer who first began working with They Might Be Giants in 1990 as a second engineer on Flood and has been producing TMBG's albums since 1996. Other artists Dillett has worked with include B-52's, Mary J Blige, David Byrne and Brian Eno, Mariah Carey, Notorious B.I.G., Queen Latifah, Diana Ross, The Vaughn Brothers, and others as well as many acts associated with TMBG.
In addition to producing and engineering, Dillett played keyboard on "Goodnight My Friends" from Here Come The ABCs and "hosted" (via a speech synthesis program) TMBG's Podcast 27A. Dillett had previously used speech synthesis to communicate with fans in Mono Puff's "Hidden Track", which opened their 1998 album, It's Fun To Steal (which he also produced).
TMBG Collaborations[edit | edit source]
Albums[edit | edit source]
- Flood (1990): As second engineer with Paul Angelli and Katherine Miller
- Apollo 18 (1992): Mixed "Fingertips" with Paul Angelli
- Factory Showroom (1996): Produced with TMBG
- Severe Tire Damage (1998): Produced with TMBG
- Long Tall Weekend (1999): Produced with TMBG
- Mink Car (2001): Produced with TMBG and others
- The Spine (2004): Produced with TMBG
- Here Come The ABCs (2005): Produced music with TMBG and played keyboard on "Goodnight My Friends"
- The Else (2007): Produced with The Dust Brothers and TMBG
- Here Come The 123s (2008): Produced and engineered
- Here Comes Science (2009): Produced with TMBG
- Join Us (2011): Produced with TMBG and mixed
- Nanobots (2013): Produced with TMBG and mixed
- Glean (2015): Produced with TMBG and mixed
- Why? (2015): Produced with TMBG and mixed
- Phone Power (2016): Produced with TMBG and mixed
Other Releases[edit | edit source]
- I Palindrome I (1992): Mixed "Siftin'" and "Cabbagetown" with Paul Angelli
- Why Does The Sun Shine? (1993): Recorded and mixed
- Live!! New York City 10/14/94 and New York City Live!! (1994): Produced
- More Music From Austin Powers - The Spy Who Shagged Me OST (1999): Track "Dr. Evil"
- Boss Of Me (2000): Produced track for Malcolm In The Middle with TMBG
- They Got Lost (2002): Engineering and mixing with Albert Caiati
- Indestructible Object (2004): Recorded and mixed
- The Spine Surfs Alone (2004): Produced with TMBG
- Almanac (2004): Mastered
- Sky High Soundtrack (2005): Track "Through Being Cool"
- Album Raises New And Troubling Questions (2011): Produced with TMBG and mixed
Related Collaborations[edit | edit source]
- Meat Puppets - Raw Meat (1994) and Backwater (1994): Mixed "White Sport Coat" with additional production on it
- Mono Puff - Unsupervised (1996): Produced album
- Mono Puff - It's Fun To Steal (1998): Produced with John Flansburgh
- Soul Coughing - El Oso (1998): Produced "Fully Retractable" with Soul Coughing
- Lincoln - Mixed one of the tracks from their self-titled album
- John Linnell - State Songs (1999): Produced album
- People Are Wrong! (Promo) (2002): Engineered album
- Mike Doughty - Rockity Roll (2003): Produced EP
- Move On.Org - Future Soundtrack For America (2004): Produced Mike Doughty track "Move On"
- David Byrne - Grown Backwards (2004): Produced CD with David Byrne
- Jonathan Coulton - Artificial Heart (2011): Engineered and mixed album