Boss Of Me
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Boss of Me|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Boss Of Me (Single), Music From Malcolm In The Middle, 2001 Radio Sampler No. 1, Mink Car [International Releases], Dial-A-Song: 20 Years Of They Might Be Giants, TMBG Clock Radio, A User's Guide to They Might Be Giants: Melody, Fidelity, Quantity|
|first played||February 4, 2000 (260 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- The song is an extended version of the original 35-second version on the What We Did This Summer EP. Having won TMBG their first Grammy, "Boss Of Me" is the theme to the FOX TV series Malcolm In The Middle. It became the first TV theme ever to win a Grammy for Best Song Written for a Movie or TV Show. (Info on Wikipedia)
- The single contains another version of the song with an additional 9-second intro.
- Although this version of the song eventually came to be considered the "normal" version, when it was originally released as a single, it was called the "edit" version of the song, labeled "Boss Of Me (Edit)," while the version with the extra 9-second intro was considered the "normal" version (i.e. listed as "Boss Of Me").
- When TMBG performs this song live, Flansburgh sometimes says that it is about his older brother, Paxus.
- "I wrote a thirty-second song that I couldn't finish for a year." - Flansburgh on the song
- At kids' shows, this song is sometimes performed in a mellow bluegrass format.
- This song was parodied on MADtv, as part of a Malcolm in the Middle parody sketch. Watch it here.
- The song was covered by Florida ska punk band Less Than Jake on their 2010 EP, TV/EP.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Boss Of Me is currently ranked #142 out of 800. (53 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.77)