Boss Of Me
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Boss of Me|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Boss Of Me (Single), Music From Malcolm In The Middle, 2001 Radio Sampler No. 1, Mink Car [International Releases], Dial-A-Song: 20 Years Of They Might Be Giants, TMBG Clock Radio, A User's Guide to They Might Be Giants: Melody, Fidelity, Quantity|
|first played||February 4, 2000 (260 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- "Boss Of Me," which won TMBG their first Grammy, was the theme to the FOX TV series Malcolm In The Middle. It became the first TV theme ever to win a Grammy for Best Song Written for a Movie or TV Show. (Info on Wikipedia)
- The song is an extended version of the original 35-second version on the What We Did This Summer EP.
- The single contains another version of the song with an additional 9-second intro.
- Although this version of the song eventually came to be considered the "normal" version, when it was originally released as a single, it was called the "edit" version of the song, labeled "Boss Of Me (Edit)," while the version with the extra 9-second intro was considered the "normal" version (i.e. listed as "Boss Of Me").
- When TMBG performs this song live, Flansburgh sometimes says that it is about his older brother, Paxus.
- "I wrote a thirty-second song that I couldn't finish for a year." - Flansburgh on the song
- At kids' shows, this song is sometimes performed in a mellow bluegrass format.
- This song was parodied on MADtv, as part of a Malcolm in the Middle parody sketch. Watch it here.
- The song was covered by Florida ska punk band Less Than Jake on their 2010 EP, TV/EP.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Boss Of Me is currently ranked #149 out of 803. (54 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.76)