From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Weep Day|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Then: The Earlier Years, Selections From Then, Mightathon, Podcast 22A|
|first played||December 28, 1985 (1 known performances)|
|sung by||John Linnell, John Flansburgh (background)|
- Flansburgh in a 1996 interview with ICE Magazine: "Just a good song we never put on a record."
- From the liner notes for Then: The Earlier Years:
The germ for Weep Day was the hyphenated reference to a song on the back of a Bob Dylan record jacket which read "Mr. Tambo-
urine Man." Flansburgh drew disturbing likenesses of both Mr. Tambo and Urine Man and Linnell dreamed up their antithetical relationship and set it to music.
- The Dylan record jacket has yet to be identified by TMBG or fans.
- The Oakland Raiders are a football team, not a baseball team.
- This song was covered by Logan Whitehurst and the Junior Science Club, and released on the album The Mini-Album of Luv in 2003.
- This song was quoted in the outro of the song "Qualifiers" by hip-hop artist Open Mike Eagle in 2014.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Weep Day is currently ranked #128 out of 910. (68 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.84)