Push Back The Hands
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Push Back the Hands|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||I Like Fun, Dial-A-Song (2018)|
|sung by||John Linnell|
- Video directed by David Cowles and Jeremy Galante; animation by Brad Pattullo and Jeremy Galante; backgrounds by Arianna Palmer and David Cowles. The video is in a similar style to "Put It To The Test" from Here Comes Science and "Thinking Machine" from Why?.
- "Viaggio Nel Tempo", seen in the upper left of the video, is "Time Travel" in Italian.
- "Livello" is Italian for "Level".
- This video also contains references to TMBG videos of the past.
- The creature in Livello 8 is a Morlock from the 1960 film The Time Machine, based on the novel by H.G. Wells.
- The second Livello 10 has the Hill Valley Courthouse from Back To The Future in the background, with the clock being struck at 10:04 PM, just before our cyborg hero is zapped away.
- The term "mission creep" refers to the expansion of a project or mission beyond its original goals. It's usually considered undesirable because it can lead to the dangerous path of each success breeding more ambitious attempts, stopping only when a final, often catastrophic, failure occurs.
- "Rosy-fingered" is an old epithet for the dawn, originating in Homer.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Push Back The Hands is currently ranked #63 out of 910. (88 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.97)