Damn Good Times
|song name||Damn Good Times|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Dial-A-Song, Selections From The Spine, The Spine, TMBG Clock Radio, Venue Songs, Them Ain't Big Eye Ants, Idlewild, 50,000,000 They Might Be Giants Songs Can't Be Wrong|
|first played||January 25, 2004 (554 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh, John Linnell sings some backup|
- The lyrics reference David Lee Roth, original lead singer for Van Halen. The song title itself is a reference to the David Lee Roth song "Damn Good" from his 1987 album Skyscraper.
- The first line in Eddie Cochran's song "Twenty Flight Rock" bears an uncanny similarity to a line in this song: "I got a girl with a record machine, when it comes to rockin', she's a queen".
- The clapping at the end of "Au Contraire" (the track before "Damn Good Times" on The Spine) leads into the beginning of this song. This clapping was originally present in the demo version as well, giving the song a "live" feel.
- Some of the vampires in the music video, animated by Divya Srinivasan, bear a strong resemblance to Count Orlock from Nosferatu (1922).
- During a few occasional "all ages" shows with children present, Flansburgh introduces this song as "Dang Good Times," and all the "damn"s are changed to "dang"s.
- The guitar instrumental begins with a (cut-time) tempo around 58 BPM and ends around 130 BPM (Check for yourself here). Compare this with "Gazing Out Toward", "Mrs. Train", and "Contrecoup", other songs with varying tempos.
Animals, Bad English, Clothes, Dancing, Food, Forgetting, Remembering, Guy Songs, Holidays, I Am, Insects, Islands, I've Got A, Jumping, Medical, Music, Musical Stores, Problems With Liner Notes, Questions, Recursion, Recycled Material, References To Other Songs Or Musicians, Religion, Supernatural, Songs With Handclaps, Swear Words, Swing Feel, Telecommunication, Tongue-Twisters, Traded Tracks, Transportation
- Watch it on the TMBG.com Page - animated by Divya Srinivasan
- Watch on pupae.com
- Watch the
- Watch it on
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Damn Good Times is currently ranked #179 out of 910. (149 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.73)