From This Might Be A Wiki
A list of songs referencing medical topics or terms
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- Absolutely Bill's Mood - mental illness, "I'm insane"
- After Hours Party At The Insect Hospital
- Am I Awake? - Song is theme for TLC show Resident Life
- Atlanta - An extended hospital metaphor
- The Ballad Of Timothy McSweeney - Subject is mentally ill
- The Bloodmobile
- Brain Problem Situation - mental disorders, subject has a brain problem which causes "situations"
- Candy Stripers
- Complete Paranoia
- Destination Moon - "The card with the cartoon nurse", subject of song bedridden due to a physical ailment
- Dr. Evil
- Dr. Kildare
- Doctor Worm - Though he's not a real doctor
- Farmingdale - "They've got crazy" and "mentally ill"
- Feign Amnesia
- Good To Be Alive - Song is "about the burden of physical injury and the strange, slowly-evolving pleasure of recovery", according to Flans
- Hearing Aid
- I'm Sick (Of This American Life)
- Insect Hospital
- John Lee Supertaster
- Let Me Tell You About My Operation
- Memoirs Of An Amnesiac
- Montana - Takes place in a hospital bed
- My Man - Subject suffering from paralysis
- Rabid Child
- South Carolina
- The Spine Surfs Alone - "What will cure you? / Bacitracin / Campho-phenique / Calamine lotion"
- Tiny Doctors
- Unsupervised, I Hit My Head
- You Are Old, Father William - Physical ailments that come with age
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- All MacGyver On It - "We're goin' mental on it"
- Damn Good Times - Amnesia, a cough
- I Love To Sing - "That's right, I'm crazy"
- I Palindrome I - "See the medical chart with the random zig-zag"
- I Wanna Be Sedated - "Just get me in the wheel chair", "Hurry hurry hurry before I go insane"
- Renew My Subscription - Refers to prescription, pharmacy
- Rest Awhile - Subject received serious sunburn
- Savoy Truffle - "But you'll have to have them all pulled out / After the Savoy truffle" refers to teeth being pulled after the formation of cavities
- Sold My Mind to The Kremlin - "Reagan closed the hospitals for the mentally ill"
- We Want A Rock - A prosthetic forehead would be fitted by a physician
- When It Rains It Snows - "There's a doctor, a waitress, a fireman with a hat"