Battle For The Planet Of The Apes
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||Battle for the Planet of the Apes|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Severe Tire Damage, TMBG Clock Radio, Podcast 2A|
|first played||November 21, 1997 (183 known performances)|
|sung by||The Audience|
- "Battle for the Planet of the Apes" premiered as an audience participation segment of live TMBG shows in 1997. The audience is divided in half and asked to either chant "people" or "ape" along to improvisation on drums and bass or keys and guitar, respectively.
- The recording featured as a not-so-hidden tracks on Severe Tire Damage is from December 3, 1997 at the University of Delaware in Newark, DE. Its name comes from the Planet of the Apes movie series; Severe Tire Damage has several other tracks with similarly inspired titles.
- After an eight year hiatus, this segment of shows had a brief comeback for several live shows for the Join Us tour from late 2011 to early 2012, and the Nanobots tour in 2013. In reference to its revival, the band sold T-shirts depicting an ape with a raised fist. Its return was likely inspired by the 2011 release of the Planet of the Apes reboot, Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Since then, the song has remained dormant with the exception of one performance at a 2015 show.
- Watch it on – Recorded live on May 16, 1998
- Watch it on – Recorded live on July 3, 1998
- Watch it on – Recorded live on September 30, 2011
- Watch it on – Recorded live on November 12, 2011
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Battle For The Planet Of The Apes is currently ranked #784 out of 910. (21 wikians have given it an average rating of 7.10)