|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||The Spine, TMBG Clock Radio|
|first played||March 13, 1999 (31 known performances)|
|sung by||John Linnell|
- Thunderbird is the name of a cheap, high-proof class of wine, also known as bum wine.
- This song has made appearances at live shows since 1999, though initially with a faster arrangement, as used in the unreleased demo. It was hinted by the Johns that it would be on 2001's Mink Car, but it did not actually reach listeners at home until The Spine in 2004.
- "I'm very happy with the version that wound up on The Spine of 'Thunderbird.' It was good that it had all that time for us to think about it." - John Linnell in an interview with FMQB.
- The basis of the song "On Earth My Nina" is John Linnell attempting to imitate the vocals of this song played backwards.
- The lyric "We'll have fun, fun, fun until T-Bird takes her dad away" plays on the lyrics to "Fun, Fun, Fun" by the Beach Boys.
Animals, Addiction, Compulsion, Body Parts, Backwards, Drinking, Falling, Forgetting, Remembering, Funny But Sad, I Am, Letters Of The Alphabet, Oblique Cliches Or Idiom, Problems With Liner Notes, Questions, Recycled Material, References To Other Songs Or Musicians, Relatives, Super-Human Qualities, Transportation
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Thunderbird is currently ranked #37 out of 878. (150 wikians have given it an average rating of 9.03)