From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs mentioning or about age and the stages of aging.
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- I Hope That I Get Old Before I Die
- It Was A Very Good Year
- O, Do Not Forsake Me
- Old Pine Box
- Robert Lowell (Formerly titled "I Am 40: Memories of West Street and Lepke")
- Purple Toupee - A trip down memory lane from a bald adult
- The Secret Life Of Six - Six acts older and Nine acts younger
- Till My Head Falls Off
- Will You Love Me In December As You Do In May?
- You Are Old, Father William
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- Ana Ng - "Ana Ng and I are getting old"
- Birdhouse In Your Soul (Demo) - "I don't feel thirty!" and "I don't feel three hundred!"
- The Bloodboat - "A voyage these young sailors will always remember"
- Cabbagetown - "I talked to my old granddad as he fell into the sea"
- Climbing The Walls - "I was wasting my youth / And using up my teeth"
- D & W - "D's getting on in years so he moves a little bit slower now"
- Dan Vs. Cog - "And you're getting old" (to those who prefer humans' touch to the machines)
- Dead - "I didn't apologize for when I was eight and I made my younger brother have to be my personal slave"
- Haunted Floating Eye - "I was born in a crypt a hundred years ago"
- Hovering Sombrero - "And it makes the pages of the calendar go flying out the window, one by one / Till 100 years are on the front lawn"
- I Palindrome I - "See the spring of the grandfather clock unwinding / See the hands of my offspring making windmills: Dad palindrome Dad"
- I Palindrome I (Dial-A-Song) - "Man, when I was a young man--not like I'm driving a rocking chair now, but man--when I was a young man, I was free"
- Impossibly New - "The corner phone booth in its youth"
- John Lee Supertaster - "When I was 39 years old, I heard a story..."
- Lesson 16 - "Brech sigang khalabv shnit" ("you're not old enough to understand")
- Lucky Ball & Chain - "But I was young and foolish then / I feel old and foolish now"
- Nevada - "When I was young, I met a man"
- New Hampshire - "Broken-hearted old man of New Hampshire"
- One Dozen Monkeys - "I'm eleven years old..."
- One More Parade - "So young, so strong;" "A few years ago their guns were only toys"
- Or So I Have Read - "If you count the stripes / You can determine their age"
- Renew My Subscription - "While I'd been aging, you wrote it all down"
- Reprehensible - "The voice recites the secret history of my immortal soul;" "10,000 years of unerasable acts"
- She Thinks She's Edith Head - "We both grew up, but ..." and "The accent in her speech she didn't have growing up"
- Something You'd Like To See - "They say I'm too young to be in a show"
- Tree - "Get your eight-year-old out of a tree"
- The Vowel Family - "Ask someone older to show you, there's a vowel in each word"
- Youth Culture Killed My Dog
Honorable mention[edit | edit source]
- Stuff Is Way - While never mentioning age or the process of aging, Linnell's accent and the confused character of the lyrics suggest senility.