So is this description from a review or what? Did someone just write it and say 'lol these songs are good'? J2
- Apparently the reviewer was Gena Chereck, and a quick google search shows that she wrote it as a customer review on Amazon.com. The review on here before was Amazon's (or label's or whoever's) main "Description" type review. ~ magbatz
i find it unlikely that anyone would know, but thought i'd put it out there...
does anyone know what the lincoln-era font is? it appears enough that i don't think each title art was created independently: on the front and back of lincoln, front of crane, and ana ng singles (anything i'm forgetting?)... it could have been created just for them, but nevertheless, does anyone know a name or creator name? --antgeth 21:57, 15 April 2008 (UTC)
- wow, a reply 2.5 years later. sadly though, that's not the font. it's close, but there's a number of differences... most noticable in the capital M. -- 04:12, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
anyone else notice...
It appears that since this album returned to iTunes a few days ago, it is now the property of Idlewild Recordings instead of Bar/None and Restless as it used to be. The same goes for much of the other stuff put back up, including Miscellaneous T, Then: the Earlier Years, and Holidayland. Perhaps TMBG bought back the rights to their early catalog, or allowed the old rights to lapse on iTunes so that they could put them back up under their own label. I realize I'm not communicating this very well, but it was something I noticed and thought it was noteworthy. --Ehsteve14 06:06, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
In addition, all but one track with drum-samples used an Alesis HR16 drum machine.
Can anybody tell me what track this is? I'm kind of curious.
- probably Lie Still, Little Bottle, since it features drums played by a real live human being. -- 17:55, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
i'll be the first to admit that that div is pretty dang ugly. we could do a thing like we did for John Henry, but that would necessitate a page for the extra tracks, which is just silly. so either someone should make a prettier div or table (which would most likely require a new template or a modification to an existing one, per wp's collapsing track listings), or we at least make a subpage that gives the full track listing and a lil info. -Apollo (colloquia!) 17:14, 15 July 2013 (EDT)
aus. vinyl release (errors with listed runtime)
i recently got a copy of the australian vinyl release of lincoln and i've noticed a number of errors in the runtimes listed on the label. it's mostly side 2 that's wrong, the errors on side 1 are fairly insignificant (incorrect by only a second) but some tracks on side 2 are listed as over a minute longer/shorter than their actual duration (e.g. "i've got a match" being listed as 1:16 rather than 2:36). i'm not sure if this is noteworthy enough to add to the album's page, but i thought i'd share anyway.
here's a picture of side 2: click! -Eskaywye (talk) 23:18, 9 November 2013 (EST)
Top Ten Songs
Based on the average ratings given by users, these are the current top ten songs off this album.
7: Mr. Me
1: Ana Ng
The average score is 8.61
US Cassette typos
I realized yesterday on my Lincoln cassette (7 72600-4) that there were two errors in the names of songs. The errors are
"Where your eye don't go" (Where your eyes don't go)
"Pieces of Dirt" (Piece of dirt)
I'm wondering if this is a documented error and/or if it is exclusive to my tape here.
(September 5th, 2017)
- they all have them. -- 12:24, 5 September 2017 (EDT)
Shouldn't it be written somewhere?
DO WE HAVE ANYMORE INFO ON THE REMASTER.
I am really looking forward to this. Not just for the album but for the extras. I hope the band can get access to the sessions they did for (and I can't remember if it's Andy Kershaw or John Peel, Radio 1 DJs in he UK) where they did radically different versions of songs off the album). I used to have a copy on tape (pushing 30 years ago!!!). I'd love to hear them again. (Mr Tuck)
- Skeptical. I think they'd have advertised it if there were bonus tracks. I think a full album remaster is what they're selling and what we're getting. *My* only question is whether the digital download of the remaster will be made available separately, possibly after the vinyl release. - veggie, too lazy to log in
"Expansion depth limit exceeded"?
- Chatter earlier today in #tmbw indicated that there are still various problems here and there due to the server migration that will hopefully be fixed in the next few days. --Self Called Nowhere (talk) 01:47, 28 September 2019 (EDT)
that one slap bass
so there's this midi slap bass sound littered all over the lincoln album and i've heard it in a few other pieces of music involving the hr16 along with what i can only assume is other alesis equipment. anyone have any idea what that bass is from?
This album makes extensive use of the akai s1000 sampler. Slap bass is a factory disk.