1964 World's Fair
From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs that refer to the fair directly
- Ana Ng - "All alone at the '64 World's Fair / Eighty dolls yelling 'Small Girl After All'"
Songs that may refer to attractions at the World's Fair
- Birdhouse in Your Soul - The Longines Symphonette, among other things, was a watch produced for the fair.
- Cowtown - Roosevelt Avenue is a major street giving access to the '64 World's Fair site.
- Don't Let's Start - The video was made at the former fair site in Queens, New York.
- Purple Toupee - Johnson's Wax had a pavilion; the song also refers to "Expo 67", the World's Fair in Montreal, Canada.
- There's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow - Theme song of the Carousel of Progress, an attraction Walt Disney developed for the fair.
- A UK release of the "Ana Ng" single featured the observation towers on the cover.
- Idlewild - Steeplechase Park featured attractions inspired by past World's Fairs.
- 1964 New York World's Fair at Wikipedia