I Am Not Your Broom
From This Might Be A Wiki
|I Am Not Your Broom
|They Might Be Giants
|tmbg.com, No!, TMBG Clock Radio
|February 14, 1997 (113 known performances)
- This song was previewed in August 2000, on tmbg.com's No! section.
- In a 2003 interview on NPR's Fresh Air With Terry Gross, Linnell said he created the song after buying a cheap video camera for his computer. He thought it would be a great way to create and share some inexpensive music videos. After hooking up the camera, he looked around the room for something to write about and use in a video, and the only thing suitable was a broom.
- This song was played as early as 1997, five years before No! was released.
- Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley in the Harry Potter films) calls this song a "cool track" on his iTunes Celebrity Playlist.
- This song was originally sung to the tune of the old folk song "Oh! Susanna", as heard on the Quick Cam version. By the time it was released on No!, however, the tune was slightly modified.
- Watch the original version) (which features the
- Puppet Linnell and Broom Flansburgh do a rendition of the song for an episode of TMBG's family podcast.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
I Am Not Your Broom is currently ranked #707 out of 1005. (55 wikians have given it an average rating of 7.72)