From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs about someone getting out, or trying to get out of a place.
- Bastard Wants To Hit Me
- Electric Car - "Way past the dock, way past the sea"
- Escape From The Planet Of The Apes
- Hall Of Heads - "You can't run away; your feet won't help you run"
- I Broke My Own Rule - Deals with the desire for freedom, specifically from responsibility
- I'm In A Rut - "I'm in a rut that I don't to be in; I want to break the chains"
- The Lady And The Tiger
- Monsters Of Mud
- No One Knows My Plan
- Quit The Circus - According to John Flansburgh, the song could resonate with people who want to escape from their families; specifically, "It's really about a very extreme kind of claustrophobia."
- Social Media - "I am free, I am free / I can pretend all day that I'm free"
- They Got Lost - "Could you tell us where we are and the best way out of here?"
- Token Back To Brooklyn
- The Bright Side - "Back then, fighting with the permanent / Pushing through the sediment / Till we lost the trail"
- Cabbagetown - "But nothing that gets said / gets us out of Cabbagetown"
- Christmas In The Big House - "And I'm breaking out / I got plans / Can't you see?"
- Fun Assassin - A verse: "Lost in space / Waiting for a bus from this place / And when I get there, I'll just fold up my map / Drop it and never look back"
- Hate The Villanelle - "At school, I ran from the very first bell", "But friends have all fled to faraway climes"
- My Brother The Ape - "But I don't feel I belong and I keep wanting to escape"
- This Microphone - "I'm busting out"
- Super Cool - "That sweet day I forget it all / And stop searching for the trapdoor"
- The Velvet Ape - "The Velvet Ape provides your escape"
- The Escape Team - A series of characters created for a comic book in 2018, each with their own dedicated song