From This Might Be A Wiki
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Venue Songs, Brooklyn, NY July 30, 2004, tmbg.com Free Tunes|
|first played||July 30, 2004 (20 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- The venue song for the annual Celebrate Brooklyn festival in Brooklyn, NY.
- F, G, L, and J refer to the identifiers of the New York City subway trains running through Brooklyn.
- "Now who knows what that spells?" could be a reference to Tom Lehrer's "Boston".
- Marty Markowitz was Borough President of Brooklyn from 2001 to 2013. The lyrics play on the similarity of his name to Marky Mark (Mark Wahlberg), leader of the Funky Bunch.
- The Gowanus Canal runs 1.8 miles through Brooklyn. It is recognized as one of the most polluted bodies of water in the United States.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Brooklyn is currently ranked #811 out of 910. (20 wikians have given it an average rating of 6.90)