From This Might Be A Wiki
Events of 2007 | Shows of 2007 | Songs of 2007
- They Might Be Giants release a short music video on YouTube, "Whence That Wince," on January 2nd.
- The music videos for Here Come the 123s are created throughout spring.
- The Else is released to iTunes on May 15.
- On June 15th, Podcast 27A is released, which contains several never-before-released John Henry Demos.
- They Might Be Giants' new album The Else and accompanying bonus disc Cast Your Pod To The Wind are given a physical release on July 10.
- The Else is released on vinyl on September 11, making it the first TMBG album to have an LP release since Apollo 18, and the first to be released in the US since Flood.
- A series of official animated music videos for The Else is commissioned and released in the months that follow the album's May release.
- A stop-motion music video for "With The Dark" is created by Hine Mizushima and released on YouTube on June 7.
- The music video for "The Shadow Government" by Colourmovie is released on spinner.com on September 12.
- The music video for "I'm Impressed" created by Bent Image Labs is released on spin.com on September 17.
- The video for "The Mesopotamians" directed by David Cowles and animated by Chris Timmons is released on Stereogum on October 2.
- A press release regarding Here Come the 123s is issued on August 20, with a slated release date of October 2. The DVD is then authored on August 29. The album is delayed to February 5, 2008 however, as a result of the band being too busy touring for The Else to participate in any activities regarding the former album.
- Promotional copies of Here Come the 123s are issued sometime in November.
- TMBG and Disney collaborate to put out a They Might Be Giants Friday Night Family Podcast to supplement the ongoing They Might Be Giants Podcast, with the first episode (High Five!) posted on November 16th.