From This Might Be A Wiki
- The They Might Be Giants Podcast tops a whopping one million downloads in January, within only six weeks of its initial release.
- In February, John Linnell indicates the possibility of a They Might Be Giants songbook, but the idea is abandoned later.
- In March, Dial-A-Song returns one last time after more than a year of being down, beginning with the song "We Live In A Dump (Demo)." Six days later, it's confirmed by Operator Dot that TMBW admin CapitalQ sent TMBG the email that (temporarily) revived Dial-A-Song. About a month later, Dial-A-Song goes back down, not to return for almost a decade.
- The Beardo 2006 tour launches in April, premiering three new songs from The Else (then untitled).
- TMBG writes a series of songs for America Runs On Dunkin', an ad campaign for Dunkin' Donuts.
- dialasong.com gets a massive redesign, breaking with the past design that focused on Dial-A-Song, and focusing more on the TMBG Podcast.
- The recording sessions of Here Come the 123s begin around November 2006, with the project being announced that same month. Unlike Here Come the ABCs, where the songs and music videos were created in separate periods, the band began to commission videos for the songs shortly after recording began due to time constraints.