123 Band Intro
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||123 Band Intro|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|first played||February 2, 2012 (90 known performances)|
|run time|| This unreleased song has only been played live,|
and therefore has no definitive run time.
- This live intro, introduced on the final leg of the Join Us tour and subsequently used on the Nanobots tour, is marked by repeated series of three handclaps. Members of the band begin the clapping, then instruct The Audience to continue as each band member individually plays a solo jam.
- John Flansburgh traditionally plays his solo on a Gakken SX-150 Synthesizer.
- The Nanobots tour introduced the "Marty Cam" to the 123 Intro. A camera, similar to the one used for performances by The Avatars Of They, is used to project a rear view of the drum kit onto a video screen at the back of the stage. This allows the audience a bird's eye view of Marty Beller's solo, which typically concludes with Marty striking a triumphant pose for the camera.
- Unlike "Graveyard", the band members are seldom introduced by name in this live intro. Except for a few early performances, the intros are completely instrumental.
- Watch it on – Recorded live on March 22, 2013 by Rsreale
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.