From This Might Be A Wiki
Songs describing violent acts.
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- Aren't You The Guy Who Hit Me In The Eye?
- Asbury Park - "I got kicked in the head"
- Bastard Wants To Hit Me - "He's waving me over so he can hit me"
- Circular Karate Chop
- Doom Doom
- Lesson 16 - "I killed your father", "I had to strangle your real father . . . I wrung his neck like a duckling"
- Madam, I Challenge You To A Duel
- Minneapolis - Describes the band having a fight.
- New Orleans - "It will come for you, it will seek you out at nightfall: resistance is futile"
- Our Cannibal Friends - The listeners all die to appease the cannibals; "the bar stools are busted from outside in"
- Stone Cold Coup D'État - Filled with explicit and implicit mentions of violence, including "The words assassinated the book" and "Daughter reaches for the knife",
- Youth Culture Killed My Dog
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- Feast Of Lights - "The only thing we have is fights"
- Fun Assassin - "Stab me in the front"
- I've Got A Match - "Beat up the cat if you need someone else on the mat"
- Maine - "Maine is a punch in the mouth"
- Memphis - "I'm going to blind myself tonight"
- Miniature Sidewalk Whirlwind - "So at first you consider violence against the onlookers, but then on second thought, maybe the bag"
- Replicant - Implied by "He says you did something wrong to his friend"
- Santa Cruz - "It doesn't cost anything to poke your eye out"
- (She Was A) Hotel Detective In The Future - "She shot the beam of a laser into my heart," "She amputated my resistance"
- Spider - "Step on spider"
- Stomp Box - "Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill me now"
- Through Being Cool - "Eliminate the ninnies and the twits", "Spank the pank who try to drive you nuts"
- Turn Around - "I felt something heavy and pointed strike me in the back of the neck"
- Upside Down Frown - "You'd probably like to give me a smack"
- We Want A Rock - "Someone in this town is trying to burn the playhouse down", "I'd hammer on my piglet"
- Whistling In The Dark - "I'd like to change your mind by hitting it with a rock"
- You Are Old, Father William - "Be off or I'll kick you downstairs"