From This Might Be A Wiki
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Join Us, Podcast 55|
|first played||September 8, 2011 (82 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- Read about the pop culture references in this song on Wikipedia: Banksy, Anonymous, and Hieronymus Bosch.
- John Flansburgh on the song (via Twitter): "It's a pretty impressionistic song. It wasn't written in a rehearsal hall, but it's kind of ABOUT writing in a rehearsal hall."
- While recording the song, Marty Beller "slipped in" a drum fill in tribute to Phil Collins, who had recently announced retirement. A video of the drum fill was uploaded to YouTube on March 14, 2011. The fill can be heard at 3:30 in the song.
- John Flansburgh says the bridge for this song is based on the Rolling Stones song "Emotional Rescue."
- The intro is omitted when performing the song in live performances (The run time is reduced to 3:21).
- Used in the episode "Venus, Cupid, Folly, and Time" of the TV series Switched at Birth.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Celebration is currently ranked #595 out of 901. (72 wikians have given it an average rating of 7.81)