Mirrors And Reflections
From This Might Be A Wiki
Central theme[edit | edit source]
- I Am Alone - "I am alone in the three part folding mirror / On the bathroom door"
- She's Actual Size - "Squares may look distant in her rear view mirror / But they're actual size / As she drives away"
The song was inspired by the phrase "objects may appear larger than their actual size" found on rear view mirrors.
Briefly mentioned[edit | edit source]
- 7-11 - "Two-way mirrors on the wall"
- Backstabbing Liar - "See the mirror and reflections in the light"
- Best Of Spin The Dial - "This is an honest reflection of my personal expression"
- Circular Karate Chop - "Afternoons in the mirror doing pop and lock"
- Dead - "I'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed"
- Friday Night I Want To Go To The Disco - "I see a mirror and I pick my stance", "A billion mirrors, a million chances"
- Fun Assassin - "Like a mirror in the dark"
- I Love You For Psychological Reasons - "Nearing perfection but wisely electing to shun my reflection, preferring instead shoe inspection"
- Let Me Tell You About My Operation - "Rear-view mirror thrown away"
- No One Knows My Plan - "You my mirror"
- Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes - "And the mirror, it reflects a tiny dancin' skeleton"
- Now That I Have Everything - "The mirror on the wall / Won't talk to me at all"
- Philadelphia - "I look in the mirror, no one there"
- Rat Patrol - "Wilderness of mirrors shine"
- South Carolina - "The red reflector fragments strewn around"
- She Thinks She's Edith Head - "And I saw her reflection / In the window of a store"
- There's A Light Coming Out Of My Head - "I walked to the mirror to see / The light bulb on my head"
- Till My Head Falls Off - "Clearing my throat and gripping the lectern, I smile and face my audience clearing his throat and smiling with his hands on the bathroom sink"
- Unctuous Robot - "When I'm admiring my reflection"
- The World's Address - "Now my tearstains on the wall reflect an ugly sight", "A sad pun that reflects a sadder mess"
Honorable mentions[edit | edit source]
- Diving Board - "The swimming pool can see the board / Refracted through the gentle waves"
- I Palindrome I - palindromes display reflective symmetry