From This Might Be A Wiki
- This page is for the They Might Be Giants song, Idlewild. For the record label of the same name, see Idlewild Recordings. For the 2014 compilation album, see Idlewild (Album).
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Dial-A-Song, Bed, Bed, Bed (Book), tmbg.com Free Tunes|
|first played||September 28, 2003 (14 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh and John Linnell|
- According to Flans, "it's kind of a dream of a perfect day in New York City, sometime in the past."
- Recorded with TMBG Mini-Brass for the NPR radio show, Studio 360.
- Idlewild Airport was renamed to JFK Airport in 1963.
- Coney Island's Steeplechase Park closed in 1964.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Idlewild is currently ranked #380 out of 907. (20 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.35)