From This Might Be A Wiki
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Venue Songs, Leeds, UK September 8, 2004|
|first played||September 8, 2004 (1 known performances)|
|sung by||John Linnell, John Flansburgh joins for the "Trucks" and "Fuel Tank"|
- Also known as "Leeds Irish Center" in the original concert setlist.
- The venue song for the Leeds Irish Centre.
- Performed in a style that echoes Won't Get Fooled Again by The Who, in reference to the album The Who: Live at Leeds.
- The "Fuel Tank" sequence is a reference to the fuel being siphoned from out of Their truck in the Leeds Irish Centre car park.
- The verse references all the features of the venue as seen from the stage: The two bars, (disco)ball, ceiling, walls, floor, stage and windows. Linnell pointed to each of them as he sung them in the live performance at the venue.
- The 'spinning around' lyric is a reference to the disco-ball/glitter-ball that hangs in the Leeds Irish Centre. When TMBG played at the same venue in 1990 Flansburgh made references to the glitter ball and asked for it to be turned on during their set.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
Leeds is currently ranked #318 out of 910. (19 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.47)