We Live In A Dump
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||We Live in a Dump|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||Cast Your Pod To The Wind, Rock The Net: Musicians For Net Neutrality, The Else [Japanese Release], Them Ain't Big Eye Ants, Idlewild, 50,000,000 They Might Be Giants Songs Can't Be Wrong|
|first played||April 26, 2006 (130 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- A demo version of this song premiered on Dial-A-Song in early 2006, followed by a second version on Podcast 6A. This third version was recorded for Cast Your Pod to the Wind, The Else's bonus disc.
- Co-written by Chris Anderson of People Are Wrong! and The Last Car.
- Referred to by John Linnell as the "answer song" to the question posed by "Why Did You Grow A Beard?"'s title.
- Flansburgh says this song is about his apartment.
- Contrary to what the narrator has heard, bats do not lay eggs because they are placental mammals.
- "While the monkeys type away" is a reference to the infinite monkey theorem, which states that if there are an infinite number of monkeys on an infinite number of typewriters for an infinite period of time, they will eventually type the complete works of Shakespeare.
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
We Live In A Dump is currently ranked #25 out of 868. (128 wikians have given it an average rating of 9.08)