From This Might Be A Wiki
- The They Might Be Giants Podcast tops a whopping one million downloads in January, within only six weeks of its initial release.
- In February, John Linnell indicates the possibility of a They Might Be Giants songbook, but the idea is abandoned later.
- In March, Dial-A-Song returns one last time after more than a year of being down, beginning with the song "We Live In A Dump (Demo)." Six days later, it's confirmed by Operator Dot that TMBW admin CapitalQ sent TMBG the email that (temporarily) revived Dial-A-Song. About a month later, Dial-A-Song goes back down, never to return again.
- The Beardo 2006 tour launches in April, premiering three new songs from The Else (then untitled).
- TMBG writes a series of songs for America Runs On Dunkin', an ad campaign for Dunkin' Donuts.
- dialasong.com gets a massive redesign, breaking with the past design that focused on Dial-A-Song, and focusing more on the TMBG Podcast.