This Might Be A Wiki:Tongue-Twisters
From This Might Be A Wiki
(Redirected from Tongue-Twisters)
Songs that are notoriously hard to sing properly on the first try.
- Absolutely Bill's Mood - "Don't you try to tag along"
- Ana Ng - "Ana Ng and I are getting old and we still haven't walked in the glow of each other's majestic presence"
- Asbury Park - Especially "Me got kicked in the head backstage at the Stone Pony/Where I swore to the guy/That the guy who took his beer/Was a guy dressed just like me"
- The Bells Are Ringing - "Forgetting their washing, neglecting their children, they're dropping all businesses at hand" and the chorus to an extent as well.
- Birdhouse In Your Soul - The chorus
- Circular Karate Chop - "Gird myself for a short sharp shock", "Dumping out my black backpack"
- Cowtown - The phrases running into one another in the verses are intensely confusing to master.
- Damn Good Times - "'cause she's highly qualified", "When my friend got amnesia she can't remember the show she saw"
- Dead - The chorus
- Dinner Bell - The bridge starting with "I don't know whether I'd rather be having..."
- Don't Let's Start - The scatting.
- Everything Right Is Wrong Again - The portion where the tempo is slowed half down is especially hard to understand.
- Hey, Mr. DJ, I Thought You Said We Had A Deal - Mainly the verses, especially "Chess piece face's patience must be wearing thin"
- Hide Away Folk Family - The bridge "This is Leslie Down..." and the "backwards" vocals during the coda.
- I Palindrome I - "Son, I am able," she said, "though you scare me." "Watch," said I/"Beloved," I said, "watch me scare you, though." Said she, "Able am I, Son."
- It's Not My Birthday - The middle verse "So I'm rattling the bars around this drink tank..." contains some rhythms which are hard to time correctly.
- Letterbox - Especially difficult is the line, "And I'll never never know what you never never never want to know when you know what you are, O."
- The Mesopotamians - The foreign names of The Mesopotamians are hard to pronounce, especially all at once.
- Mr. Me - The verses
- Nothing's Gonna Change My Clothes - The verses
- Outboard Part Of Man - "outboard bread boy," and "night light, sleep tight"
- Purple Toupee - Alliteration in the line "...crowned the king of Cuba..."
- Put Your Hand Inside The Puppet Head - The verses
- Rat Patrol - "Wilderness of mirrors shine/Floorboards creak or footsteps heard/Headlights turn into the drive/Then disappear into the night"
- Rhythm Section Want Ad - "So if you like a band with a chick singer/ Say your cup of tea is a wall of trombones/ If you dig Menudo, or MDC we salute you the way we know"
- Santa Cruz - All three verses.
- She's An Angel - The chorus
- Spine - "And I believe I'll be leaving it behind"
- They'll Need A Crane - "Lad's gal is all he has, gal's gladness hangs upon the love of lad"
- Till My Head Falls Off - The pre-choruses are difficult to sing in correct meter and timing.
- Weep Day - The chorus
- West Virginia - "There's another deep inside you and inside the other one there is another in the other"
- Which Describes How You're Feeling - The quick tempo and unexpected repetitions ("There's this guy in the sky and he makes you want to want to make you sigh...") can be offputting.
- Whistling In The Dark - The chorus.