You must be logged in to mark yourself for being at this show.
Fan Recaps and Comments:
- Incredible! Loved Flans' "boy band" satire during "Heart Attack." I'm also surprised they kept in so many of the killing references. Still, a great great show. Much nicer when it's up close and personal instead of the over-the-top confetti type shows.
- Wow! What a show, I'm prepared to say this was TMBG's best performance ever. Ever.
- Skipping school, I took the MTA and subways from Middletown, NY, to Union Square in New York, NY. MartyCordova23 saved me a seat in the third row, and that was awesome. I also said hi and saw many other fellow wikians.
- We were told this was going to be a 25 minute performance, but it seemed a lot longer with all the surprises. For example, Flansy started off the show saying it was going to be an alphabetical show, I nearly freaked out when they broke into Birdhouse In Your Soul, and I was expecting Bed Bed Bed. It's the first time John and John (sorta) performed it as a duo with the accordion solo in a while. I've always wanted to hear it live, and I was super happy they played it here. We're The Replacements and Fingertips were definitely also very pleasant surprises.
- Flansy claimed they didn't have an appropriate song for the letter G, so people started yelling out "Go For G!", he didn't seem to notice until I yelled it out, and he started having a little convo with me on stage, claiming "this song is only one verse" or something like that, and I just shrugged.
- TMBG also seemed to be in a very good mood during the book signing. They signed my 4 albums, 4 DVDs, and photo of Bethesda Terrace without a fret, and they seemed to enjoy having conversations with my friends.
- I got a setlist, a photo of me with John/John/Marty, a photo of me with Robin Goldwasser, and many many many photos from the show itself. Click this for the photo album.
- John, John, Marty, Dan, and Danny, thank you very much for a great 2009 TMBG season, from Montclair to Union Square, I had a damn blast. I'm definitely looking forward to more fun times in 2010 and beyond. :D