From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||The Greatest|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||I Like Fun, Dial-A-Song (2018)|
|first played||April 19, 2018 (2 known performances)|
|sung by||John Flansburgh|
- This song originally contained an additional 42-second instrumental introduction, which was truncated during the making of I Like Fun due to vinyl length restrictions. The full-length mix was later released alongside the song's music video and on More Murdered Remains.
- Co-written by Chris Anderson of People Are Wrong! and The Last Car.
- Video cinematography by Brody Anderson, directed by Alex Italics, who previously directed the music videos for "I Can Help The Next In Line" and "I Am Invisible". The video features Parks and Recreation star Nick Offerman and broadcaster Jim Trenton.
- When asked how he became involved with the band for the creation of this video, Offerman responded, "I have been besotted with They Might Be Giants since 1988 for their humor, wit and panache. If they call again, I will answer."
- The acronym GOAT stands for "greatest of all time."
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
The Greatest is currently ranked #522 out of 910. (53 wikians have given it an average rating of 8.04)