State Songs (EP)
From This Might Be A Wiki
(Redirected from State Songs (Hello EP))
Hello recording by John Linnell
|First released|| June 1994
Release details / collectors: Show | Hide
- All five tracks differ in some way from the later versions on the full-length State Songs album. Aside from mixing differences, these are the chief differences:
- "South Carolina" seems to be lacking a few overdubs present in the album version, although it may have just been drastically remixed and re-equalized.
- "Oregon" lacks the saxophone solo in the final verse.
- The lead melody of "Pennsylvania" is played on a keyboard instead of a violin.
- "Maine" contains no low-octave synth bass.
- "Nevada" contains a 20 second longer lead-in from the marching band. The verses recorded over the band are a different recording. There is no accordion solo before the vocals begin, and the lyrics are extended and set to a slightly different melody.