She's An Angel
From This Might Be A Wiki
(Redirected from She's an Angel)
|song name||She's an Angel|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||They Might Be Giants, Don't Let's Start (EP) [Elektra Re-issue], Then: The Earlier Years, Dial-A-Song: 20 Years Of They Might Be Giants, A User's Guide to They Might Be Giants: Melody, Fidelity, Quantity, 50,000,000 They Might Be Giants Songs Can't Be Wrong|
|first played||February 7, 1987 (438 known performances)|
|sung by||John Linnell|
- The plan with this song was to replace the synth bass with an accordion bass, but it was never done. "We got distracted by something." - John & John
- This song has been covered by The Bruce Lee Band, Hey Mercedes, and by Charles Douglas on Hello Radio: The Songs Of They Might Be Giants.
- In several live performances in the late-2000s, Linnell started a downbeat drum machine loop on a Kaoss Pad for the verses.
- In many live performances, Flansburgh harmonizes during the second verse.
- According to John Flansburgh, this is the only TMBG song played using an alternate guitar tuning—the high E is dropped to a D for slide guitar playing.
Animals, Death, I Am, Kingdom Of Loathing Reference, Long, Long, Love, Numbers, Oblique Cliches, Occupations, Questions, Religion, Supernatural, Science, Telecommunication, Tongue-Twisters, Transportation
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
She's An Angel is currently ranked #5 out of 910. (325 wikians have given it an average rating of 9.21)