She's An Angel
From This Might Be A Wiki
|song name||She's an Angel|
|artist||They Might Be Giants|
|releases||They Might Be Giants, Don't Let's Start (EP) [Elektra Re-issue], Then: The Earlier Years, Dial-A-Song: 20 Years Of They Might Be Giants, A User's Guide to They Might Be Giants: Melody, Fidelity, Quantity, 50,000,000 They Might Be Giants Songs Can't Be Wrong|
|first played||February 7, 1987 (457 known performances)|
|sung by||John Linnell|
- The plan with this song was to replace the synth bass with an accordion bass, but it was never done. "We got distracted by something." - John & John
- This song has been covered by The Bruce Lee Band, Hey Mercedes, and by Charles Douglas on Hello Radio: The Songs Of They Might Be Giants.
- In several live performances in the late-2000s, Linnell started a downbeat drum machine loop on a Kaoss Pad for the verses.
- In many live performances, Flansburgh harmonizes during the second verse.
- According to John Flansburgh, this is the only TMBG song played using an alternate guitar tuning—the high E is dropped to a D for slide guitar playing.
Animals, Death, Long, Long, Love, Numbers, Oblique Cliches, Occupations, Questions, Religion, Supernatural, Science, Telecommunication, Transportation
You must be logged in to rate this. You can either login (if you have a userid) or create an account with us today.
She's An Angel is currently ranked #5 out of 910. (325 wikians have given it an average rating of 9.21)
Other Links for “She's An Angel”